- This event has passed.
Winning Defence Business: Capture
10 June @ 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pitching for work with the big defence prime contractors is often not easy.
Deciphering the requirements language is not always straightforward.
Knowing whom to talk to can be a mystery.
The bottom line for many competent Australian contractors is that it can be frustrating to get access to support the big defence projects.
So many small and mid-sized companies try and are not successful.
And many do not try at all.
The Winning Defence Business: Capture workshop is focused entirely on helping you with your most effective actions to win work in the defence space. And does this by concentrating on what you can and should do pre-tender – often referred to as Capture
Date: Wed June 10th
Time: 9am – 4pm
Delivered online via Zoom meetings
Cost: We are proud to announce a subsidy from Defence SA for all South Australian businesses of $500 per participant.**
– DTC Member:
$985 per participant
$485 (if eligible for the Defence SA subsidy)**
– Non-DTC Members:
$1,275 per participant
$775 (if eligible for the Defence SA subsidy)**
Cost includes extensive physical course materials that will be mailed to each participant upon registration.
**If you are unsure if you are eligible for the subsidy, please contact the DTC [email protected]
A maximum of 16 participants will be included to ensure an interactive environment.
What is covered in the Workshop?
The Winning Defence Business: Capture workshop helps solve common contractor problems by sharing the same approach also taught to the major defence contractors.
Some of the essential concepts and tools presented will include:
· Becoming better focused by learning what Capture is, and is not
· How to save time and money by better identifying and qualifying your defence opportunities
· Building shared understanding language and agreement by effective use of the Shipley Opportunity Planner.
· Maximising your win probability (pWin) by establishing an accurate and impactful competitive position
· Developing a realistic win strategy
· Customer-focused reconciliation of solution and cost pressure
· Ways to build, execute and maintain momentum with your capture plan
Who should attend, and how will they benefit?
The following roles and people are best to attend capture workshop:
· Owners and founders still involved in the business.
· Owners of the sales and revenue targets
· Business Development (BD) team members
· Heads of product, development, engineering, delivery
The benefits of a new level of understanding about:
· how primes buy sub-contractor services
· learning time-saving Capture tools and techniques
· working better as a team, and with your primes can transform your business.
· Become more effective at winning defence contracts with defence primes using proven techniques and tools
· a low-risk investment of a day with the Defence teaming Centre, and Shipley Asia Pacific – who trained the defence primes in how to capture business.
· enjoy a safe, engaging online learning experience